The program has equipped and helped me confirm my ministry. (Philippines, '05 Grad)
ABTS has the program that will enable you to understand what real ministry is. (Philippines, '05 Grad)
Every course I have taken has been miraculously timed by the Lord to fit in with the questions I had, the skills I needed to develop practically or issues I needed to think through at the time. (Graduate in Thailand)
The ABTS headquarters recently moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand from Singapore, where we had been for 14 years. A sponsoring group of 6 committed Christians helped us in establishing the Kiri Tas Foundation in Thailand, with responsibility for ABTS as one of its services to the community. The Foundation continues to operate under a Board of Directors.
The smooth operation of the headquarters in Singapore was greatly enhanced by a local group of loyal Sponsors who continue to support the ministry in Singapore by accepting the following important responsibilities.
1. Facilitate the presence of the school by being a liaison between the organization and the local government. The Sponsors will attend the Annual General Meeting in April where they will deal with all business issues related to our continued compliance with local laws and regulations.
2. Provide counsel in the development of the school as it seeks to improve its ability to meet the educational needs of church leaders throughout Southeast Asia.
3. Promote the program in the community through:
a. Regular prayer for the professors, staff and students.
b. Attendance at carefully scheduled meetings to care for the administrative needs of the program.
c. Financial support through personal giving and by sharing ABTS needs with churches and other contacts.
4. Encourage the ABTS staff as they fit into the local community.
5. Participate in occasional events to promote the school (i.e. graduation).
6. Help to identify additional sponsors.