At Asia Biblical Theological Seminary, our tireless faculty will join you on your journey to seeking answers and deepening your faith at every turn.
New Student Admission Process
Things To Know
New students to Asia Biblical Theological Seminary can apply using the general application. This can be completed online. With your application, you will also need to submit your transcripts from previous institutions, a personal and pastoral reference and a photo.
Apply using the general application online. If you have questions during the application process, feel free to contact email@example.com. In order to complete the application, you will also need to review the seminary’s Confession of Faith.
2. Submit Your Transcripts
With your application, you’ll need to submit your official transcripts from previous educational institutions you have attended. Photocopies are not accepted unless they are affixed with the institution’s seal. These transcripts are required to review your education and admit you into a program. Applicants should request eTranscripts be sent by previous educational institutions directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not possible, applicants should contact the ABTS office for further instructions.
As a part of your application, ABTS collects personal and pastoral references by people who are not relatives of the applicant. In the application form, applicants provide names and email addresses for their references and the ABTS office sends the reference forms directly to the reference people.
- Evidence of commitment to Christ and moral character and conduct.
- Demonstrate sufficient life experience for adequate integration of course content with ministry and workplace contexts.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university and maintained a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 system. Students having a GPA less than 2.5 may apply for admission under academic probation.
All new applicants to ABTS whose first language is not English will be required to take an English proficiency examination.
This exam will be administered through ABTS, and further details can be obtained from the ABTS office. The exam has both audio and reading portions, and will require approximately 2-3 hours to complete. The English Proficiency Exam serves as part of the ABTS application requirements.
- Completed application form.
- Official academic transcripts from all undergraduate schools attended.
- Reference forms from a pastor, elder, or deacon of the applicant’s local church and from one other person (not a member of the applicant’s family).
- All application materials should be submitted through the ABTS website and are accepted year-round. Acceptance for admission will be considered upon receipt of all the required documents. Applicants who have not accomplished any graduate studies are encouraged to complete the MRE degree before progressing to the MA degree. If the application process is not completed within six months from the date of acknowledgement of the application by the ABTS office, the applicant must re-apply.
- Applicants who have fulfilled all application requirements, except official transcripts, may be accepted on provisional status and register for the Introduction to Graduate Theological Education course and one additional course for credit. However, credit will only be granted upon formal acceptance.